Sort it. Wrap it. Ship it. Own it. Sounds a little like a game, but it’s Amazon’s game – that is if you’re in one of our high-speed, high-tech sortation centers. Ready to play, join the team today! Amazon is looking for Part-Time Associates to join the team at our sortation center in Concord, NC. Things you should know about working in an Amazon Sortation center:
Got it? Okay, but what will you actually be doing?
- Safety, it’s more than wearing a reflective vest. We’re committed to providing one of the safest work environments, which means stretching, safety tips, and yes… following the rules.
- Customer-obsession. It makes your day to make someone else happy.
- Quality is key. You have high standards, and it shows in your work. We’ll hold you to it, but only because we know our associates can handle it.
- Can you hear me now? Noise level varies and can sometimes be loud.
- Cool with Casual. A relaxed dress code means it’s Casual Friday, every day.
- We like to keep you on your toes, associates will rotate tasks multiple times throughout the week.
- Amazon lets customers order whatever they need, whenever they need. Flexibility is key, associates should be open to extra hours, time off, and a rapid pace.
- Temperature in the sort center may vary between 60 and 90 degrees, and will occasionally exceed 90 degrees.
Hourly Pay Rate: $11.00Let’s sweeten the deal…
- Sorting packages based on size and destination, it can be a little like Tetris with boxes, envelopes and pallets.
- Pumped up kicks. You’ll stand in one place for extended periods of time, and be walking a good distance around the facility – good shoes are a must!
- Building pallets, wrapping pallets, transporting pallets with pallet jack, and sorting packages and pallets. Did someone say pallets?
- All hands on deck! You can expect to handle packages from small envelopes to boxes ranging up to 49 pounds.
- On the move – you should be willing and able to operate carts, dollies, hand trucks and other moving equipment to move large quantities of merchandise.
- Potential opportunity to operate PIT equipment, special training is offered to associates based on interest and availability.
- ‘Round we go. Associates will be manually wrapping finished pallets, which means moving in a sideways, circular motion several times in a row. You’ve got your head on straight, we think you can handle it.
- Holiday overtime pay
- Weekly pay schedule
- Basic Life, AD&D insurance
- On-the-job training and skill development
- Employee Assistance Program