Amazon Grocery Warehouse Associate
You’ll be part of the Amazon warehouse team that supports one of Amazon’s busiest services: online grocery orders. You’ll be working in a grocery distribution center – a large warehouse that serves as the hub for receiving and shipping the groceries that stock all of the locations where our teams prepare online orders for our customers. Because we offer a wide variety of options, you’ll be working in all types of scenarios – including large room-temperature, refrigerated, and freezer spaces, performing tasks and operating equipment throughout your shift. And we always provide the right gear for your comfort and safety.
Duties & Responsibilities
Some of your duties may include:
- Receive and put away grocery inventory in room-temperature, chiller, and frozen sections of the warehouse, working at temperatures as low as -10°F for periods of your shift.
- Operate power industrial trucks (PIT) such as forklifts, center riders, order pickers, and other equipment – each of which you will receive professional training your first few days of work. Picking cases from racking on equipment at heights up to 35 feet is expected and part of daily work.
- Check for product quality
- Load boxes into trucks to be sent to sites for grocery delivery
- Use technology like computers and smartphones
You’ll also need to be able to:
- Lift up to 49 pounds of boxes, cases, and pallets of freight
- Use carts, dollies, hand trucks, and other equipment to move large quantities of merchandise
- Utilize an electric pallet jack, training is provided
- Stand and walk for extended periods
- Go up and down stairs (where applicable)
- Handle a variety of products you can buy on any of Amazon’s order services – including meat and alcohol
- Work all process paths including the ones that require moving between the inside and outside of the distribution center
- Rotate tasks throughout the week
What it’s like inside an Amazon Grocery Distribution Center
- Safety. Your safety is important to us, so we provide protective gear. All teams share safety tips daily.
- Surroundings. You’ll be working around moving machines – order pickers, stand-up forklifts, turret trucks, and mobile carts.
- Activity. Some activities may require standing in one place for long periods, walking around, or climbing stairs.
- Temperature. You’ll work in refrigerated and freezer spaces (as low as -10°F) for up to two hours of your shift, with short breaks every 30 minutes. You’ll be provided with proper safety gear and training.
- Noise level. It can get noisy at times. We provide hearing protection if you need it.
- Dress code. Relaxed, with a few rules to follow for safety. Comfortable, closed-toe shoes are required.
- Stay busy. You and your team are engaged the entire shift.
- Schedule options. Depending on where you work, schedules may include full-time (40 hours), reduced-time (30-36 hours) or part-time (20 hours or less), all with the option of working additional hours if needed.
- Anytime Pay. You can instantly cash out up to 70% of your earnings immediately after your shift (for select employee groups). Learn more about Anytime Pay.
- Career advancement. We have made a pledge to upskill our employees and offer a variety of free training and development programs, and we also have tuition support options for select employee groups. See where your Amazon journey can take you.
- New skills. Depending on the role and location, you’ll learn how to use the latest Amazon technology.
- Free training. We’ll teach you how to drive power industrial trucks and how to work with the latest technology.
- Team environment. Work on small or large teams that support each other.
Why You’ll Love Amazon
Many of our jobs come with great benefits – including healthcare, parental leave, ways to save for the future, and opportunities for career advancement – all in a safe and inclusive environment that’s been ranked among the best workplaces in the world. Some offerings are dependent upon the role, work schedule, or location, and can include the following:
- Competitive wage paid weekly, with overtime for more than 40 hours
- Healthcare (medical, dental, vision, prescription drugs)
- Medical Advice Line
- Network of Support (health & well-being on and off the job)
- Adoption Assistance
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- 401(k) savings plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday pay opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Basic life insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- On-the-job training and skills development
- Employee Assistance Program
Learn more about Amazon Benefits and Culture
- Candidates must be 18 years or older with the ability to understand and adhere to all job requirements and safety guidelines.
How To Get Started
You can begin by applying above. If you need help with your application or to learn more about our hiring process, you can find support here: https://hiring.amazon.com/hiring-process#/
If you have a disability and need an accommodation during the application and hiring process, including support for the New Hire Event, or need to initiate a request prior to starting your Day 1, please visit https://hiring.amazon.com/people-with-disabilities#/
or contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT). You can reach us by phone at 888-435-9287, Monday through Friday, between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m. PT.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.