Fullfillment AssociateNew Westminster, British Columbia Apply Now
Requisition ID: 170009376
Amazon is seeking bright, motivated, hardworking individuals to fill Warehouse Associate positions at our fulfillment centre in New Westminster, BC, YVR3. The ideal candidate possesses a strong work ethic, attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines, and a commitment to customer service as it relates to product fulfillment.
Warehouse associates may be required to receive products using radio frequency scanners and relocate products using forklifts, pallet jacks, and walkie-riders. Warehouse associatesmay also be required to pick customer orders on all levels of a multi-level mezzanine, pack and ship customer orders, and troubleshoot problems to resolution. Warehouse associates are expected to understand aspects of production and to adhere to strict safety, quality, and production standards and to be willing and able to work on powered equipment (i.e. forklift and cherry picker).
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Must have a High School diploma or equivalent
• Must be willing and able to work all shifts
• Must be willing and able to work overtime as required
• Must be able to read and take direction in English
• Must be able to lift up to 49 pounds
• Must be willing and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
• Must be able to continuously climb and descend stairs safely (applies to sites with stairs)
• Must be willing and able to work on powered equipment-for example forklift or cherry picker
• Demonstrate positive work attitude and leadership skills
• Demonstrateability to perform above minimum for extended periods of time
• Commitment to a culture of safety
• Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Regular attendance and punctuality
• Receive products using radio frequency scanners
• Relocate products using forklifts, pallet jacks and walkie-riders
• Pick customer orders on all levels of a multi-level mezzanine
• Pack and ship customer orders
• Troubleshoot problems to resolution
• Understand all aspects of production
• Adhere to strict safety, quality, and production standards
• Be willing to work on powered equipment (i.e. forklift or cherry picker)
• Lift and move up to 49 lbs.
• Lift, bend, reach above the head, kneel, crouch and walk for long periods of time during shift
• Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
• Work around moving mechanical parts
• Noise level will vary
Fulfillment Associates may be eligible for Variable Pay, a bonus based upon personal and site performance criteria.
Restricted Stock Units
Subject to approval by the Board of Directors of Amazon.com, Inc., a restricted stock unit award will be granted.
Associates will also be entitled, during the term of employment, to such vacation, medical, RRSP, and other employee benefits as the Company may offer from time to time, subject to applicable eligibility requirements.
Successful candidates will be required to pass a criminal and education background check. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with all applicable local, provincial and federal laws.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Sign up for email alerts about new jobs